Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Welcome Fall 2011 Interns!

AAHI is pleased to welcome our fall 2011 interns. Carolyn Ho and Candace Lee are both seniors and are joining us from the School of Public Health at the University of Maryland College Park.

Join us in welcoming our interns and reading their introductions:

Carolyn Ho
Hi, my name is Carolyn Ho and I am a senior at the University of Maryland, College Park. In December, I will be graduating with Bachelor degrees in Behavioral and Community Health and Psychology. My interest for joining Asian American Health Initiative stemmed from my desire to obtain an in-depth understanding of how a public health organization works and to be part of a team who is very hands-on with the Asian American community. I have a strong interest in mental health so I hope that I can provide some innovative ideas for AAHI in that area. I would like to come out of this fall internship experience with a breadth of knowledge on the AAPI community as well as improved skills sets to help further my professionalism development in preparation for post-graduation. In the future, I hope to pursue graduate studies in Pubic Health and work for a public health organization. I am excited to be part of the AAHI team and look forward to the opportunities and learning experiences that I will encounter during my time here.


Candace Lee
Hi, my name is Candace Lee. I am a senior at the University of Maryland College Park, School of Public Health and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Behavioral and Community Health. I was interested in interning at AAHI because I wanted the opportunity to interact with the diverse Asian American community and gain a better understanding of AAPI’s health status in the county I grew up in. As an intern, I am excited for opportunities to participate in the planning and implementing of health innovations and strategies, while acquiring the professional skills beneficial for my future career. I also want to invest quality time assisting AAHI on researching other unaddressed and important health issues that may have been overlooked, thus expanding AAHI’s resources and services. Currently, I have a growing interest on the field of Health IT because I am intrigued by how technology and health could be interrelated to improve the health care system and ultimately the health of individuals. After graduation, I plan to further my studies in Health IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment