Thursday, February 6, 2014

Introducing Our Spring 2014 Intern!

We are thrilled to introduce our new spring intern, Sarah Tran! She is a senior at the University of Maryland, College Park, pursuing a B.S. in Community Health and a minor in Chinese. Keep reading to learn a little more about Sarah!

If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
I would describe myself as easy-going.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I enjoy playing tennis, performing Chinese traditional dance, and traveling.

What is a fun fact about you?
I have never broken a bone!

What are your interests in community health?
During my time in college, I realized I want to be more involved with my community. I would like to do health outreach and education, specifically with minority communities. Growing up with parents who are not fluent in English showed me the importance of reaching out to those who are not aware of health resources due to cultural or linguistic barriers.

What are you looking forward to and hoping to gain from this internship?
I believe interning at AAHI will help me to really see community health in action. I am also looking forward to developing my professional skills and learning more about how to work in an office environment. I hope to improve my public, presentation, and teamwork skills to use in my future career.

What are your post-graduation plans and goals?
I would like to take a year off to work and see exactly which field I want to work in. Afterwards, I hope to pursue my Master in Public Health (MPH) or go to nursing school.

We are excited to have Sarah on board and look forward to working with her over the next few months. Please join us in welcoming her to AAHI!

1 comment:

  1. My internship just got over and this article legit made me miss it now. It is such a great learning experience. I wish the intern lots of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete