Presentation Title: The Role of Health Literacy in Health Outcomes and Health Disparities
Date/Time: Thursday, December 19, 2013; 2:00pm-3:00pm
Location: NIH Campus
Natcher Conference Center, Building 45; Main Auditorium
45 Center Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892
NIH welcomes Dr. Michael Paasche-Orlow, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Boston University School of Medicine, as the featured speaker for the NIH Health Disparities Seminar. The presentation will discuss the impact of limited health literacy and its relationship to health outcomes and health disparities in the United States.
- There is limited parking on the NIH campus.
- The closest Metro stop is Medical Center.
- Please allow adequate time for security check.
- The seminar will be video cast and made available in the NIH video archives and on the NIMHD website after the seminar.
- Sign language interpreters will be provided.
- Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to participate should contact Edgar Dews at 301-402-1366 or the Federal Relay at 1-800-877-8339.
Disclaimer: Please note the information provided above may be subject to change. Contact the respective organization to ensure the most current information. Updated on 12/17/13.