The Welcome Back Center of Suburban Maryland is a program within the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services. The Center is an innovative model that builds on the personal and professional assets of internationally-trained health professionals to help them re-enter the health workforce. This is part of a larger effort to increase the number of culturally and linguistically competent health professionals working in Maryland.
For an overall description of the Center, go to http://www.lhiinfo.org/en-programs-and-activities/Welcome-Back-Center.asp
Under the guidance and supervision of the Manager of the Center, the Services Coordinator is responsible for planning and organizing key administrative services and carrying out associated activities needed to ensure effective and efficient fiscal, logistical, and administrative support for the Center. Specific duties include:
- Respond to inquiries from potential participants and collect relevant information in the Center’s database.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, administer and prepare the Center’s annual budget, prepare payments, monitor established individual budget targets, and prepare fiscal reports.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and administrative procedures, including revenue generating activities.
- Coordinate activities pertaining to the maintenance of the Center’s database and webpage.
- Coordinate senior staff calendars, and provide necessary support to conduct Center meetings with its Advisory Council and partners, including logistics, preparation of meeting agenda and summaries, identification of issues requiring further action, and follow-up.
- Respond to Center’s participants financial assistance inquiries.
- Assist with the implementation of program evaluation activities and the development of programmatic reports.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in business administration or related field, and three years experience providing administrative/logistic office support and supporting management with key fiscal and administrative functions.
- Considerable knowledge of standard office practices and procedures including organization and management office services.
- Experience working with diverse immigrant populations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of persons documents, data, and communications.
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Amharic, Chinese, French, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge and experience in relevant software applications, and ability to work with the Internet.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, courtesy and tact in responding to telephone callers and office visitors and make proper disposition of problems.
- Ability to work independently on multiple and varied administrative tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
The contractor will be paid in the 40’s plus benefits. Offer great working environment for mentoring and professional networking.
Interested applicants should send their resumes with a cover letter by November 7, 2012 to Ana.Harvey@montgomerycountymd.gov