Friday, September 7, 2012

Welcome Fall 2012 Intern!

With the start of a new school year, AAHI is excited to introduce our fall intern, Jasmine Vinh. Please join us in welcoming her and find out more about her below.

Hi, my name is Jasmine Vinh and I am a senior at the University of Maryland College Park, pursuing a B.S. in Community Health and a minor in Asian American Studies. I am also a second-generation Vietnamese-American. I was first introduced to AAHI after volunteering for the Vietnamese Medical Assistance Program’s SMASH B Hepatitis Screening event earlier this year and am very excited to be a part of AAHI team this fall! 

As an intern, I look forward to the opportunity to participate in the planning and implementation of health promotion events together with the staff and community leaders while gaining hands-on experience in working closely with the diverse Asian American community in the area. I have a strong interest in learning about the many hardships Asian Americans and their families continue to face that affect their quality of life. I hope to support AAHI in addressing these challenges by helping discover new, innovative strategies to reach this underserved, yet growing, population. After graduation, I plan to work in community outreach and hope to pursue an MPH in Health Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment