Montgomery County's 2011-2012 Seasonal Flu Vaccination Campaign will start next week.
Flu information directly from Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Website:
"Montgomery County health officials will offer FREE seasonal flu vaccinations on the dates and times listed on the calendar. There WILL NOT be any preservative free injectable vaccine available at the County clinics this year.
Some local retail locations have flu vaccine available now and all Montgomery County residents over the age of six months should get vaccinated.
Health officials encourage everyone to help prevent the spread of flu and many other contagious diseases by practicing the following good hygiene habits:
* Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue; immediately throw away used tissues.
* Sneeze and cough into the upper sleeve, not the hands.
* Wash hands frequently throughout the day.
* Wash hands by scrubbing together for 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
* Stay home from school and work is symptoms develop such as a fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, headache and body aches."
All vaccinations are by appointment only. To make an online appointment, click here. If you do not have access to internet, please call 311 or 240-777-0311 to make an appointment.