Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome Summer 2011 Interns!

AAHI welcomes summer 2011 interns, Katherine Ip from the University of Maryland, College Park and Andrew Poo from Emory University. Katherine and Andrew are both rising juniors at their respective university's. We warmly welcome Katherine and Andrew and hope this internship is an invaluable experience for them.

Katherine and Andrew have written brief biographies about their respective backgrounds:

Katherine Ip
Hi, my name is Katherine Ip. I am a rising junior at the University of Maryland at College Park, pursuing a degree in Behavioral and Community Health. I am interested in AAHI’s work not only because I am a member of the Asian American community of Montgomery County, but also because I have a firm conviction that big changes start at home. If we want to improve Asian American health on a national level, we must work to improve it in our own communities, starting with our families and friends. I look forward to participating in and learning from AAHI’s work, especially their outreach events.

Andrew Poo
Hi, my name is Andrew Poo and I am a Summer Intern at the Asian American Health Initiative. I am a rising junior at Emory University, pursuing a Bachelors of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and Global Health. I am very excited in becoming part of the AAHI family; and I look forward to interacting with the Montgomery County Asian American communities. Through AAHI, I hope to achieve a better understanding of the health issues that affect Asian Americans, and analyze the various plans proposed to solve each issue. I hope to learn more about public health and the “inner workings” of a public health organization, and also gain opportunities to conduct research in a specific subject of public health. As a member of the Montgomery County Asian American community, I am eager to help and give back to my neighbors. In my free time, I enjoy playing badminton, watching movies, and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment