Monday, February 14, 2011

Hepatitis B Screening & Education Event

On Sunday February 13th, Viet Nam Medical Assistance Program (VNMAP) with the support of AAHI, held a hepatitis B screening and education day, titled "SMASH B". The event was a great success! Over 100 participants were able to receive hepatitis B screenings. The participants first attended a health education lecture conducted by Dr. Loc Le and then proceeded to get their screenings. Following the screening, the participants completed evaluation forms and then trickled over to AAHI's outreach table. AAHI provided health education on various topics including cancer, osteoporosis, hepatitis B and tobacco. As an interactive activity, AAHI brought a wheel of health education focusing on tobacco. The wheel was a big hit! Many participants enjoyed spinning the wheel and answering the questions, it was a wonderful method of engaging the participants. AAHI had the opportunity to educate most of the participants on the various health topics, it was a fulfilling event for AAHI staff, health promoters and interns!

A special thanks to VNMAP and all the volunteers for making this event such a success!

6 comments:

  1. The video which you have shared over here about the Hepatitis B Screening & Education Event. This event which you are organizing would be very much helpful for many persons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pre-routine vaccination against hepatitis B exposure and use of standard precautions to prevent exposure to potentially infectious body fluids have been recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the hepatitis B vaccination is recommended by the CDC. It is very safe and effective, you can read more about the vaccine at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-hep-b.pdf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing video about the Hepatitis B Screening & Education Event. I am much impressed with this safety tips. Those are so essential and much effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments. You can learn more about hepatitis B through the National Institute of Health's (NIH) website: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hepb_ez/

    ReplyDelete

  6. When I was 26 years old, I learned my HBsAg was reactive when I was required to undergo medical exam for an employment (so depressed I wasn't hired and the doctor had to write in big words, 'not fit to work' on my medical result clearance). It was my first time to be tested with that kind of blood work, so I have no idea when I contacted hepatitis B virus. My husband and I are the only ones who knew about my situation. I am so embarrassed and ashamed because hepatitis B is considered as an STD, like the infamous AIDS/HIV. My husband has no hepatitis B (thankfully) but I fear that even with his hepatitis B vaccine, he will get my disease, though doctors assures us he is safe from me.I always sleep longer than usual on weekends, always tired, often experiences tummy ache, sometimes unexpected skin itchiness/rashes, arthritis, irregular bowel movement and am temperamental But today am totally cure with the help of this clinic i came across on this web FORUM, the clinic name (HEALTH MED LAB) here is their email CONTACT THEM IF YOU ARE diagnosed OF HEPATITIS B VIRUS or any other sickness healthmedlab@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete