Tuesday, September 15, 2009

AAHI Intern -- Sau Kuen (Lesley) Fung

My name is Sau Kuen (Lesley) Fung. I am from Hong Kong and am currently pursuing the Master of Public Health in Health Promotion degree at The George Washington University. It is my great pleasure to have the opportunity to work with the AAHI team.

My major task for this internship is to complete a research project entitled “Formative Research Towards the Design and Implementation of an Effective Hepatitis B Screening Program for Chinese Americans in Montgomery County, Maryland”. Through understanding of the motivations and barriers related to Hepatitis B screening among Chinese Americans in Montgomery County, I hope the results of my research project could contribute to the design and implementation of a more effective Hepatitis B screening program for the Chinese American community and possibly other Asian American communities. Apart from the Hepatitis B screening research project, I would also like to involve in as much as possible other AAHI programs and projects during my internship. Look forward to working and learning from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment